Permits, Forms and Applications
Permits are required for construction activities on properties within the city. These applications are used to reduce potential hazards and unsafe construction practices. Please contact the Department of Community Development to learn more about these services at 269-329-4466.
Track your permit by going to Access-my-gov on the left side bar click on Building Department Search and locate by address, parcel etc. Payments can also be paid under Building Department payments.
Projects are listed below with sample sketches. All drawings and sketches are required for submittal. All plans if applicable must be attached prior to submitting for review.
For additional information please read our brochure on How to Obtain a Residential Building Application.
- Interior Remodel / Alteration Application
- New Residential Construction Application
- Residential Addition / Attached Garage Application
- Swimming Pool Permit Application @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Applications for residential projects may require trade permits. Please complete and submit any necessary applications for your project. Once your application is submitted please allow our staff time to process your application. Payments can be made online after the permit is processed by our staff. To make an online payment click on the green online payment button above.
- Land Division/Lot Line Adjustment
- Request for Certificate of Occupancy
- Sign Permit Application
- Signs - Electronic Message Board and Murals Information
- Soil Erosion Application
- Street Tree Application/Guide @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>