The City Council meets on two Tuesday evenings every month at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers located at City Hall, 7900 South Westnedge Avenue. Council Meetings are broadcast live on cable television by Public Media Network on channel 190. AT&T U-Verse customers can access City of Portage government meetings on channel 99 and then follow the prompts to access the various meetings.
2015 City Council Meeting Schedule
Special Meetings and Meetings of the City Council Committees
- January 6 and 20
- February 10 and 24
- March 10 and 24
- April 14 and 28
- May 12 and 26
- June 9 and 23
- July 7 and 21
- August 11 and 25
- September 8 and 22
- October 6 and 20
- November 3 and 17
- December 1 and 15
The City Council occasionally sets special meetings to discuss matters of importance to the Council. Additionally, the Council has established several Council Committees that research specific topics and provide a report to the full Council. Meetings of this type are posted here.
- City Manager Employment Manual Committee - Tuesday, February 24 @ 5 p.m. in Council Conference Room.
- Committee of the Whole Meeting - Tuesday, February 24 @ 6 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Committee of the Whole Meeting - Tuesday, March 10 @ 6 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Budget Review Session #1 - Tuesday, April 21 @ 4:30 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Budget Review Session #2 - Tuesday, May 5 @ 4:30 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
The notices of meetings on this website are for informational purposes only and do not take the place of those notices required by the open meetings act. The lack of placing notice on this website or any error in the notice does not change or modify the notice required by the open meetings act nor invalidate any decision made at the meetings.