The City Council meets on two Tuesday evenings every month at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers located at City Hall, 7900 South Westnedge Avenue. Council Meetings are broadcast live on cable television by Public Media Network on channel 98. AT&T U-Verse customers can access City of Portage government meetings on channel 99 and then follow the prompts to access the various meetings.
2014 City Council Meeting Schedule
Special Meetings and Meetings of the City Council Committees
- January 7 and 21
- February 11 and 25
- March 11 and 25
- April 15 and 29
- May 13 and 27
- June 10 and 24
- July 8 and 22
- August 12 and 26
- September 9 and 23
- October 7 and 21
- November 4 and 18
- December 2 and 16
The City Council occasionally sets special meetings to discuss matters of importance to the Council. Additionally, the Council has established several Council Committees that research specific topics and provide a report to the full Council. Meetings of this type are posted here.
- Monday, April 28, 2014 - Pre-Council Meeting @ 7:30 a.m. in Council Conference Room.
- Monday, April 28, 2014 - Committee of the Whole re: Consolidated Dispatch @ 6 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Monday, April 28, 2014 - Special Meeting: Acting City Manager Interviews @ 7:30 a.m. in Council Chambers.
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - Special Meeting: Acting City Manager Interviews @ 6 p.m. in Council Chambers.
- Thursday, May 1, 2014 - City Council Budget Review Session @ 4:30 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
The notices of meetings on this website are for informational purposes only and do not take the place of those notices required by the open meetings act. The lack of placing notice on this website or any error in the notice does not change or modify the notice required by the open meetings act nor invalidate any decision made at the meetings.