Home to the first refrigerated outdoor ice rink in southwest Michigan, Millennium Park provides unique opportunities for all ages. During the spring and summer periods, the rink is transformed into a reflecting pond. Located along Romence Road, just west of South Westnedge Avenue, Millennium Park is in the heart of the shopping district and easily accessible by car or bicycle.
Address: 280 Romence Road
Information Hotline: (269) 324-9200
2016-2017 Ice Rink Hours of Operation
December 8 to December 21 & January 8 to March 5
Sunday: 12 to 9 p.m.
Monday - Wednesday: Closed
Thursday: 3 to 9 p.m.
Friday: 3 to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Holiday Hours - December 22 to January 7
Daily: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
December 24 & January 1: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Christmas Day: Closed
Winter School Holidays
January 27 and February 24, 2 to 10 p.m.
Weekends - 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Daily during Holiday Hours from December 22 - January 8
Ice Skate Sharpening Hours
Thursdays, 5 to 7 p.m. and Sundays, 12 noon to 1 p.m.
Fees (cash, check, Mastercard and Visa accepted)
Open Skating: $4 per day
Skate Rental: $3 per day
Skate Sharpening: $3
Discount card: $25 for 10 punches, each good for 1 open skate, 1 skate rental or 1 skate sharpening
Locker Rental: $.50 per user
Groups of 10 or more save money by purchasing the 10-skate discount Park
Special Events at the Ice Rink
Each year, special events are held at Millennium Park Ice Rink, such as the Valentine's Skate Date and Twilight Skate.
Valentine's Skate Date
Tuesday, February 14 at 6 - 9 p.m.
Fee: $17 per person; pre-registration by February 11 at the rink is required.
Private skate, live music and dinner on the ice! Bring your partner and/or kids for this unique Valentines experience. Start the evening dining on the ice with a meal catered from the Grampa's - Great American Pasty & Pie Company, by a server on skates. Following dinner, the rink will be reserved only for those registered for this event.
- Rules of the Rink:
- Children age 11 and under require adult supervision.
- Skating is permitted only during posted hours by paid patrons.
- Hockey and hockey equipment are prohibited.
- Ice skate at your own risk; protective gear is recommended.
- When not on ice, skates are allowed on matted surfaces only. No skates on exposed concrete or turf areas.
- Food, drinks and other foreign materials are prohibited on the ice rink surface.
- Horse play, crack-the-whip, pom-pom and tag (as defined by staff) are prohibited.
- No snowball fights or kicking snow onto the ice surface by patrons.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- No profanity.
- No pets.
- Rink capacity is estimated to be 150 skaters.
- Alcohol: Prohibited in all parking areas.