Home to the first refrigerated outdoor ice rink in southwest Michigan, Millennium Park provides unique opportunities for all ages. During the spring and summer periods, the rink is transformed into a reflecting pond. Located along Romence Road, just west of South Westnedge Avenue, Millennium Park is in the heart of the shopping district and easily accessible by car or bicycle.
Address: 280 Romence Road
Information Hotline: (269) 324-9200
2014-2015 Ice Rink Hours of Operation:
December 11 to December 19 & January 4 to March 1
Sunday: 12 to 9 p.m.
Monday - Wednesday: Closed
Thursday: 3 to 9 p.m.
Friday: 3 to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
December 20 to January 3
Daily: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
December 24, 31, January 1: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Christmas Day: Closed
Winter School Holidays: Friday, January 23 and Friday, February 27, 2 to 10 p.m.
Resurfacing occurs from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on weekends and daily from December 20 to January 3.
Ice Skate Sharpening Hours:
Thursday, 5 to 7 p.m. and Sunday, 12 noon to 1 p.m.
Special Events at the Ice Rink:
Each year, special events are held at Millennium Park Ice Rink, such as the Valentine's Skate Date and Twilight Skate.
Ice Skating Lessons:
BOTH SESSIONS FULL, NO ADDITIONAL REGISTRATIONS AVAILABLE
Learn to skate with expert instructors from the Greater Kalamazoo Skating Association. Fees for this program include two classes, skate rental and instruction. Pre-registration is required by calling 329-4522. Class size is limited to 12 students.
Fee: $20 per skater
Session 1: Ages 5-11 years 1/10 and 1/17 9:30-10:30 a.m. - SESSION FULL
Session 2: Ages 5-Adult 1/10 and 1/17 10:30-11:30 a.m. - SESSION FULL
Valentine's Skate Date:
Saturday, February 14 at 4:30 p.m.
Fee: $15 per person; pre-registration by February 12 at the rink is required.
Private skate, live music and dinner on the ice! Bring your partner and/or kids for this unique Valentines experience. Start the evening dining on the ice with a meal catered from the Grand Traverse Pie Company, by a server on skates. Following dinner, the rink will be reserved only for those registered for this event and will re-open to the public at 6 p.m. Feel free to skate all night as we give away prizes throughout the evening.
Thursday, February 26 from 8-11 p.m.
Fee: $5 skate and rental package / $3 skate only
No school on February 27 means late night fun and excitement at the ice rink on February 26! Bring your friends and skate under the stars as the lights are dimmed and prizes awarded. Colorful lighting and upbeat music will compliment this electrifying skating event.
Fees (cash, check, Mastercard and Visa accepted):
Open Skating: $4 per day
Skate Rental: $3 per day
Skate Sharpening: $3
Discount card: $25 for 10 punches, each good for 1 open skate, 1 skate rental or 1 skate sharpening
Locker Rental: $.50 per user
- Groups of 10 or more save money by purchasing the 10-skate discount
- Rules of the Rink:
- Children age 11 and under require adult supervision.
- Skating is permitted only during posted hours by paid patrons.
- Hockey and hockey equipment are prohibited.
- Ice skate at your own risk; protective gear is recommended.
- When not on ice, skates are allowed on matted surfaces only. No skates on exposed concrete or turf areas.
- Food, drinks and other foreign materials are prohibited on the ice rink surface.
- Horse play, crack-the-whip, pom-pom and tag (as defined by staff) are prohibited.
- No snowball fights or kicking snow onto the ice surface by patrons.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- No profanity.
- No pets.
- Rink capacity is estimated to be 150 skaters.
- Pets: Pets are allowed except where posted. Posted areas include: picnic areas, playground and Ramona Park beach. Pets must be restrained on a 6’ or retractable leash, inoculated for rabies and never left unattended. Persons in charge of or in control of pets on park property shall be responsible for clean up and removal of excrement deposited by such pet.
- Alcohol: Prohibited in all parking areas.
- General Park Rules