The 2014 Fall Leaf Pickup Program will run from October 27 through December 4, 2014. The city has been divided into seven collection zones and each zone will receive three collections of leaves, weather permitting.
View program details and a collection map and schedule. You may also use the ADDRESS LOOK-UP TOOL below to determine the collection dates for your address.
- ONLY loose leaves or leaves bagged in biodegradable paper yard waste bags will be collected.
- Leaf collection will occur three times in each neighborhood zone until prohibited by weather. Residents are asked to place leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. on each of the three collection dates shown to the right.
- For public safety, do not put leaves in the street more than three days prior to your scheduled collection.
- Leaves should be raked off the grass and into the street or bagged in biodegradable paper yard waste bags and placed next to the curb as close to the street edge as possible so as not to obstruct traffic. Equipment may damage lawns if leaves are left in grass areas or ditches.
- Leaves in plastic bags (including biodegradable plastic bags) will not be collected.
- Streets will be swept following each neighborhood collection, weather permitting.
- The Fall Leaf Pickup Program is separate from the Quarterly Curbside Brush Collection Program. Please ensure that brush and leaf piles are placed in separate locations at the curb.
- The Portage Code of Ordinances (Chapter 66, Article 1, Section 66-2) prohibits residents from having basketball stands in the city right-of-way. Likewise, during trash and recycling removal days, citizens are requested to keep their containers on the curb versus on the actual roadway. These items impede safe leaf collection operations and can result in damage to city equipment and personal property.
- If weather prohibits raking of leaves, the city offers a spring bagged leaf pickup in April 2015 along with the scheduled brush pickup.
Note: Leaf collection is not performed on private streets or for commercial establish-ments, churches or schools. The Fall Leaf Pickup Program is only provided at residential properties on public streets.
ADDRESS LOOK-UP TOOL:
Select the appropriate address generated by the tool (noted in blue text).
- Enter your street number and street name. Example: 123 South (no punctuation or street type such as Avenue or Street).
- Click the SEARCH button.
- Scroll back down to the ADDRESS LOOK-UP TOOL.