Subfacility of Celery Flats
|Other Link||Online Contact Form|
This stately historic home is located on the corner of Garden Lane and Kingston Avenue in the Celery Flats Historic Area. Constructed in 1846, Stuart Manor is a “four-square” Greek Revival house and is the oldest remaining structure in Portage. Built by William Welch, the house was the summer home of the second Michigan U.S. Senator Charles Stuart.
- Modern Kitchen
- Main Table: 10 feet 5 inches by 46 inches
- Round Table: 52 inches round
- Rectangle Table: 6 feet 5 inches by 40 inches
- Air Conditioning
- Barrier Free Access
- Indoor Restroom
- Tables and chairs for 35 people to dine comfortably or use for a company meeting
Rental FeesAll deposits & rental fees are due upon reservation.
- $150 Security Deposit
- $140 for the first 3 hours
- $30 for each additional hour
- Maximum all day rental fee of $260 (8 a.m. until 10 p.m.)
- To rent this facility CLICK HERE
Rules & Regulations
- Rice, birdseed, confetti or similar items are prohibited
- Battery operated candles are allowed. Open flames are prohibited in historic buildings
- Stuart Manor and its surrounding area must be left in proper condition or the security deposit will be forfeited.
- Reserving parties must be finished and cleaned up by 10 p.m.
- Parking is required across Garden Lane at Celery Flats Interpretive Center
- Stuart Manor is an alarmed facility. Please do not enter the building outside of your rental period.
Refundable Security Deposits:
Security deposits are not applied towards any rental fees. Security deposit refunds are initiated within 4-6 weeks following your event and will be mailed to you by the Finance Department.
Your entire security deposit will be forfeited for any of the following reasons: exceeding your scheduled rental time by more than 15 minutes before or after; failing to clean up the facility following your event (taking out all garbage, sweeping the floors, etc.); failure to return all city tables and chairs to the proper location; destruction or damage of any park property including spills on the floors; violation of the Alcohol Liability Waiver; failure to provide proper insurance requirements one month prior to your event; smoking in any park facility or where posted; loss of rental facility keys; violation of any park rules or regulations; violation of any City ordnance while on City property - including the noise ordinance (quiet time begins at 10:00 p.m.)
CANCELLATION POLICY: The security deposit is Non-Refundable once made. Rental fees will be returned minus a $10 administration fee, if canceled before 1 month prior to your event any later cancellations will result in 100% forfeiture of the rental fee. In the event of inclement weather (rain, thunderstorms, tornado warning, warm temperatures do not count as inclement weather), every effort will be made to reschedule your reservation if desired (excludes all indoor facilities); otherwise, the cancellation policy will determine the amount of refund.
**If for any reason you or the parks department must cancel your reservation a credit will either be applied to your account for later use or a refund will be issued by check within 6 weeks. No refunds are put back on your card.