Parks & Recreation
Social Distancing while Enjoying the Outdoors
All equipment and facilities in our parks are open including heated restrooms, playground equipment, exercise equipment, and picnic pavilions. Basketball courts, and volleyball courts are still closed at this time.
*Court closures will be lifted when allowed by state mandates.
No matter how or where you decide to spend your time outdoors, we urge you to follow CDC recommendations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep you and others safe:
- Only go outside if you are feeling healthy
- Keep a minimum of 6 feet of distance between you and others
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and consider carrying an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol and disinfecting wipes with you
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze
Something to keep in mind – maintaining an effective social distance may be easier at larger or less frequently visited parks. If the park you normally visit is often busy, consider taking this opportunity to explore a new park.
Parks & Recreation 2021 Spring & Summer Programs & Events
Portage Parks & Recreation offers an abundance of programs and events for the 2021 spring & summer season.
*All restroom locations are scheduled to open May 1st.