Fall Leaf Pickup Program
The 2023 Fall Leaf Pickup Program will run from October 23 - November 30, or until prohibited by weather.
Each fall, the City of Portage operates a leaf collection program that includes the collection of leaves along public streets in each zone. Leaf collection will occur three times in each zone or until prohibited by weather. The schedule below indicates the pickup dates for each neighborhood. Citizens may also use the handy Address Locator Tool below to identify collection dates.
- ONLY loose leaves or leaves bagged in biodegradable paper bags will be collected. Leaves in plastic bags (including biodegradable plastic bags) WILL NOT be collected.
- Place leaves at the curb by 7 AM on your scheduled pickup date.
- Loose leaves should be raked off the grass and into the street. Leaves bagged in biodegradable paper yard waste bags should be placed next to the curb as close to the street edge as possible. Please do not block traffic or bike lanes.
- The Fall Leaf Pickup Program is separate from the Quarterly Curbside Brush Collection Program. No brush will be collected during Fall Leaf Pickup.
- Streets will be swept following the third and final collection, weather permitting.
There is NO burn period in Portage. Burning of leaves is not permitted at any time.
2023 Fall Leaf Pickup Program Collection Dates
|Zone||1st Collection||2nd Collection||3rd Collection|
Monday, October 23
Monday, November 6
Monday, November 20
Tuesday, October 24
Tuesday, November 7
Tuesday, November 21
Wednesday, October 25
Wednesday, November 8
Wednesday, November 22
Thursday, October 26
Thursday, November 9
Monday, November 27
Friday, October 27
Friday, November 10
Tuesday, November 28
Monday, October 30
Monday, November 13
Wednesday, November 29
Tuesday, October 31
Tuesday, November 14
Thursday, November 30
ADDRESS LOCATOR TOOL
Portage property owners can use this handy address locator tool to determine the three collection dates for each neighborhood. The tool is live only during the Fall Leaf Pickup Program dates.
This program is not performed for commercial establishments, churches or schools, or on private streets (unless every property owner on a private street has signed an indemnification form). Call the Department of Public Works at 329-4444 with any questions concerning the collection of leaves on private streets.