Right-of-Way Permit

A permit is required to perform work in the public right-of-way. Typical examples include sanitary sewer replacements, new driveway construction, and private utility installation.  Permits are submitted to the Department of Transportation & Utilities.

Download the Right-of-Way Permit (PDF).

Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Control Permit

As part of Part 91 Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control, NEPA, State of Michigan PA 451, the City of Portage is a municipal enforcement agency for soil erosion control.  Permits are submitted to the Department of Community Development.

Download the Soil and Erosion Permit (PDF).