Food truck vendors interested in operating a mobile food truck/cart in the City of Portage park system must be registered with Portage Parks & Recreation. To register, please complete the following registration form below and submit the following required documents. Completed forms may be delivered to Portage Parks & Recreation at Portage City Hall (7900 South Westnedge Avenue).
- Park Site: $25/day (within designated hours on a daily permit)
- Event/Concert: $50/event or concert
- Tournaments: $100/day
- Copy of Kalamazoo County Department of Health and Community Services license/permit.
- Copy of your organization's certificate of General Liability Insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence. Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include all owned vehicles, non-owned and hired vehicles. All coverage shall be endorsed to reflect the following as Additional Insured: "City of Portage, its elected or appointed officials, employees, volunteers, boards, commissions, representatives, and agents". (It is understood and agreed by naming the City of Portage as additional insured, coverage afforded is considered to be primary and any other insurance the City of Portage may have in effect shall be considered secondary and or excess.)
- Photograph of the mobile food vending unit.
- Copy of State issued photo ID for all employees working at the mobile food vending unit.
Friday at the Flats:
Portage Parks & Recreation would like you to join us on select Friday nights throughout the year to sell your product at the Celery Flats Pavilion (7335 Garden Lane). Food truck and cart owners must register by submitting an application and copies of licenses, permits and insurance certificates. Sites are limited and can be reserved on a first-come, first pay basis for a $50 daily permit fee. For more information, call Portage Parks & Recreation at (269) 329-4522.
During your visit to any Portage Parks facility, you may be photographed, videotaped or filmed by City of Portage Parks representatives or other authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by the City of Portage.