The Office of Public Information facilitates access to public information to foster an understanding of City of Portage government by developing, preparing and delivering meaningful and responsive communications for the public and city employees. The Office of Public Information serves as a clearinghouse for all government communication with the public to ensure that the City of Portage, City Council and city officials are represented consistently and in a professional manner.
- Media relations and news releases. The Office of Public Information prepares and distributes clear and concise news releases to the media and others regarding important city matters. The media is encouraged to contact the Public Information Officer at 329-4405 or via email for all requests for information.
- City Website. The city website - www.portagemi.gov - is maintained by the Office of Public Information. Contact the Webmaster or troubleshoot problems with this site.
- Social Media. The City of Portage maintains four Facebook pages, including:
- Notify Me®. Subscribe for real-time city updates. Visit portagemi.gov/list.aspx to register and subscribe to the categories about which you would like to receive notifications.
- PortageAlert mass notification system. Sign up now to receive important emergency and public outreach information from the city such as severe weather alerts, traffic emergencies or other emergencies that affect the health and welfare of the community.
- Report It! Help maintain Portage as a Natural Place to Move! Use the Report It! tool to report a neighborhood issue or a concern about city services. Residents can report maintenance issues or ordinance violations such as potholes, inoperable traffic signals, abandoned vehicles, tall grass and weeds, blight concerns and more. Information is then submitted to the appropriate city department for review and resolution.