Who do I contact if a streetlight is out?

The streetlight system in the City of Portage is owned and operated by Consumers Energy. The cost for the energy use is paid to Consumers Energy by City of Portage general revenue. If you notice a streetlight is out please visit the Consumers Energy website. Those without access to a computer may call the City of Portage Transportation and Utilities Department at 269-329-4422 to report a streetlight outage.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact if a streetlight is out?
2. Who do I contact if a traffic signal light is burned out or appears to be not operating correctly?
3. How is the placement of traffic signals determined?
4. How do pedestrian signals work?
5. Is it really necessary for me to push a button to activate the pedestrian signal, or can I just wait for the light to change?
6. Why does it always say, "Don’t walk" before I've completed crossing the street?