How do I get permission to hold a block party?

To obtain permission to hold a neighborhood block party an individual must make a request in writing to the City Clerk. The request must include the date of the event, time frame, contact person and exact location of the event (including names of cross streets). Additionally, the neighborhood must abide by the following:

  • Abide by noise ordinance
  • All streets to be blocked will be blocked so that emergency equipment such as police, fire, ambulance can enter if needed
  • If alcoholic beverages are served, it must be done in compliance with local and state ordinances
  • A time limit of 11 p.m. (This includes any tear down time)

Barricades are available upon request from the Department of Streets and Equipment at 329-4444.  View the Block Party page for more information.

Show All Answers

1. Who needs a Solicitor’s Permit?
2. How do I get permission to hold a block party?
3. How do I get a liquor license for a bar or restaurant?
4. How do I get a beer and wine liquor license?
5. How do I get a packaged (SDD) liquor license?