The Michigan Construction Code Act 230 of 1972 was amended in 1999 to create the Stille-DeRossett-Hale Single State Construction Code Act. This action created a single state building, electrical, plumbing and mechanical code for the State of Michigan. All communities within the state utilize the same construction code and standards which are updated on a three year cycle. The current construction codes include:
- The 2015 Michigan Residential Code
- The 2015 Michigan Building Code
- The 2014 National Electrical Code with Part 8 Technical Amendments*
- The 2015 Michigan Mechanical Code*
- The 2015 Michigan Plumbing Code*
*Provisions for one- and two-family dwellings are included in the 2015 Michigan Residential Code.