Yes, you must mail a completed voter registration application postmarked on or before 14 days prior to the next election you wish to vote in. If you have never registered to vote in Michigan and choose to mail in your application, you will need to verify your identity by including the following:
- Your Michigan driver's license or state ID number where requested on the form. OR
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security number where requested on the form. OR
- Send a copy (not an original document) of ONE of the following forms of identification with your application:
- A photocopy of your Michigan driver's license or state ID, or
- A photocopy of a paycheck stub, utility bill, bank document or government document that lists both your name and your address.