Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Sign Permit Application

  1. Such as replacing an existing panel with a 4'x8' LED

  2. Required Sign Information

  3. Permanent Freestanding Sign(s) or Temporary Freestanding Sign(s)

    A scaled plot plan showing location of existing and proposed sign(s). Please indicated proposed sign location, setback distance from property lines, distance between signs, and total sign height. NOTE: Setbacks are measured from the leading edge of the sign. Property lines must be staked for verification when the site inspection is performed by the city.

  4. Plot plan drawing is attached/provided*

  5. A scaled drawing/picture showing new sign(s) face, type, dimensions of sign and support/anchoring structure (i.e. footing details), and total sign height. NOTE: Sign height is measured from adjacent street grade or top of curb to highest point of sign(s).

  6. Sign Drawing/Picture complete:*

  7. in square feet

  8. Illumination:*

  9. Changable Copy Board*

  10. in square feet

  11. Permanent Wall Sign(s) or Temporary Wall Sign(s):

    A scaled drawing showing locations of existing and proposed sign(s) including building wall area dimensions, location(s), height(s), and support/anchoring structure. Also, submit a scaled drawing/picture of the wall sign with dimensions.

  12. Location Drawing/Sign Picture complete*

  13. in square feet

  14. Illumination*

  15. No additional fee if installed with new or replacement freestanding sign.

  16. Applies when no structural changes to freestanding or wall sign structure are proposed.

  17. Total of above fees

  18. Sign Permit, Construction and Inpsection Reminders

    1. The applicant or owner must call the Department of Community Development at 269-329-4477 or 269-329-4466 to request a final inspection once sign is installed. At this time, the property line and leading edge of the sign should also be staked for setback verification. 2. Electrical permits are required for all new wall signs (including interior signs) with new circuits, and new freestanding signs with new circuits (does not include change of sign panels). For other signs, electrical inspector will determine electrical permit requirements per applicable code provisions. 3. Michigan Law requires that you must contact MISS DIG at 1-800-482-7171 three working days before you break ground. 4. The sign permit will expire if the work authorized is not commenced within 180 days from the date of issuance of the permit, or if the work authorized is suspended or abandoned for a period of 180 days. 5. Please review the Sign Permit after it is issued for important information. In addition, please refer to the following sections of City Code for applicable sign regulations: Sections 42-540–42-553 and Sections 42-1271–42-1285 for applicable sign regulations.

  19. Electronic Signature Agreement

    By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.

  20. Leave This Blank:

  21. This field is not part of the form submission.