(Set-up time must take place no earlier than 7 AM)
$150 - Deposit$450 - Base Fee$50 - Route Set-up
1. Payment in full including all deposits and fees are due upon receipt of your Fees Permit. Be prepared to upload a copy of your 501c3 and General Liability insurance policy. Your documents and payment in full secures your date and time.
2. Heated restrooms are available year round at the Celery Flats Pavilion. Restrooms at the Hayloft Theatre are also available seasonally (May-October).
3. No Parking: businesses abutting Garden Lane, on streets, at the Hayloft or any portion of the trail or on the grass.
4. Unloading and Loading: One vehicle at a time at Grain Elevator (GE) ONLY! Pull onto pavers, DO NOT BLOCK TRAIL.
5. The Undersigned must provide a minimum of 8 parking lot volunteers to be in place 15 minutes prior to your event registration time. Volunteers must stay in place until walk begins. 5K & 10K will require additional volunteers.
6. Any changes to your event times must be pre-approved in advance by an authorized Park's representative.
7. Rangers to re-route trail away from GE after set-up.
8. Food preparation and or sales must be pre-approved by the Kalamazoo County Health Dept. 269-373-5351. Proof of proper licensing is required to be submitted to the Parks Dept. to ensure event can proceed.
9. Upon the Parks receipt of your signed permit your set-up, registration, start and vacate times are considered confirmed.
1. RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER:The undersigned hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Portage, its elected or appointed officials, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents from any liability for damages to any person or property in, or about the city premises from any cause whatsoever. All persons or groups using city facilities shall be responsible for the proper supervision, control and accommodation of persons attending the activity. The undersigned is responsible for any damages to include but not limited to the interior, exterior, the grounds and/or site as well as for the clean-up of all. Additionally, the undersigned is responsible for contacting the Parks Department if erecting any tents larger than a 10ft x 10ft pop-up. All tents must be weighted down, not staked and approved by the Parks Department. The undersigned is responsible for the preservation of order and for providing volunteers for control of orderly parking and facility use. The undersigned further agrees that no vehicles shall access the Grain Elevator area other than one lightweight vehicle used to transport equipment. This vehicle shall access the Grain Elevator area only via the service drive, entering from Kingston and exiting onto Garden Lane only; otherwise motor vehicles of any type are prohibited on any portion of the park trails. Vehicles are not permitted to drive or park on the grass and must be parked in the designated parking lots on Garden Lane. The undersigned is responsible for informing all volunteers, vendors, donors, sponsors, participants, attendees, etc. of all park rules & regulations as well as the requirements contained within this permit. The undersigned agrees to accept complete liability for any damages to City of Portage property during the rental period, including grass and fencing. Any necessary repairs will be charged to the undersigned with full payment due within 30-days of invoice issuance.
2. GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY:Required 30-days prior to scheduled event/activity; a copy of your organization's certificate of General Liability Insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence and Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include all owned vehicles, non-owned and hired vehicles. All coverage as described above shall be endorsed to reflect the following as Additional Insured: "City of Portage, its elected or appointed officials, employees, volunteers, boards, commissions, representatives, and agents". It is understood and agreed by naming the City of Portage as additional insured, coverage afforded is considered to be primary and any other insurance the City of Portage may have in effect shall be considered secondary and or excess. Named organization MUST require proof of insurance coverage, as stated above, from all sub-contractors and vendors.
3. REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSITS:Security deposits are not applied towards any rental fees. Security deposit refunds are initiated within 4-6 weeks following your event and will be mailed to you by the Finance Department. Your entire security deposit will be forfeited for any of the following reasons: cancelling after making the deposit payment, exceeding your scheduled rental time by more than 15 minutes before or after; failure to clean up the facility following your event (taking out all garbage, sweeping the floors, removing trash or debris from the grounds etc.) failure to return all city tables and chairs to the proper location; destruction or damage of any park property including spills on the floors; violation of the Alcohol Liability Waiver; failure to provide proper insurance requirements one month prior to your event; failure to pay all rental fees by the due date; smoking in any park facility or where posted; violation of any park rules or regulations; violation of any City ordinance while on City property - including the noise ordinance (quiet time begins at 10:00 p.m.)
4. PETS:Pets are allowed, except where posted. Posted areas include: all playgrounds, Ramona Park Beach, etc. Pets must be restrained on a 6-foot or retractable leash at all times. Persons in charge of or in control of pets on park property shall be responsible for ALL clean up and removal of excrement deposited by such pet. Pets are not permitted inside any building or facility at anytime.
5. CANCELLATION POLICY:The security deposit is Non-Refundable once made. Rental fees will be returned minus a $10 administration fee, if cancelled before 1 month prior to your event any later cancellations will result in 100% forfeiture of the rental fee. In the event of inclement weather such as thunderstorms, lightening, tornado warning, (rain and or warm temperatures do not count as inclement weather), every effort will be made to reschedule your reservation if desired (excludes all indoor facilities); otherwise, the cancellation policy will determine the amount of refund.
RESCHEDULING POLICY:Renters will be allowed to reschedule a reservation for indoor buildings up to 2 weeks prior to their original rental date if another date is available. This reservation must be completed by November 1 of the current year. A $50 rescheduling fee will be required to be paid prior to the schedule change.
*Must meet City of Portage requirements.
The Licensee shall provide the Licensor with an original copy of the insurance certificate prior to use. Insurance certificate must state City of Portage, its elected or appointed officials, employees, volunteers, boards, commissions, representatives, and agents as additionally insured.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date. By signing below, you certify that the information provided on this application is true and accurate and pledge that, you will abide by the Portage Parks & Recreation Rules and Guidelines.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field