Absent Voter Ballots

To Request a Ballot

To request an Absent Voter ballot for any election, you can download an application. A completed application or handwritten request accompanied by an original signature is necessary before a ballot can be issued.  

A ballot can only be provided to the actual voter.  A voter may not pick up a ballot for anyone other than himself/herself.  Note: Power of Attorney does not apply for elections, signing or otherwise.

Completed absentee ballot applications can be returned by any of the following:

7900 South Westnedge Avenue
Portage, MI 49002

  • Dropped off at Portage City Hall via the outside dropbox (i.e. "Night Drop Box")

New AV Envelopes

Contact the Office of the City Clerk at (269) 329-4511 or send an email for additional assistance.